Youth Employability Competences
Ballymun Job Centre (Ireland)
29 months (March 2019 – July 2021)
Erasmus+ KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnerships in the field of education, training and youth
Young people (YP) are often encouraged to develop the technical skills needed to enter the labour market, but competencies on how to conduct themselves in the workplace, as well as create opportunities for employment mobility for themselves can be neglected, despite disadvantaged young people having few opportunities to be exposed to these key skills. The YEC project aims to help yp & youth workers identify key gaps in employability competences & address these through youth worker led training modules.
The objectives of the project are:
- – Increase employability of YP
- – Increase validation of YP’s employability competences
- – Increase engagement of YP & employers in competency tool development
- – Increase the focus on YP’s employability among YP & their practitioners
Young People who are seeking employment
– Creation of employability competencies training modules for Young People, with particular focus on the personal, social & learning to learn competency from the Council of The European Union.
- – Creation of train the trainer course with specific focus on youth workers & guidance practitioners engaging with Young People who are seeking employment
– Creation of a guide for local youth workers & practitioners to map the modules from the train the trainer course, or any employability skills training, onto current validation systems under ET 2020.