Centro Italiano Opere Femminili Salesiane
CIOFS-FP is a non-profit association established by C.I.O.F.S. in 1986, which coordinates the activities of the Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice (Daughters of Mary Help of Christians) of Italy involved in vocational training. It provides the following training services: initial, higher, continuous, permanent, alternating training and guidance. In particular, it deals with support in training courses and support in the active search for employment.
It offers services to the local communities and businesses, consultancy in the analysis of training needs and support for new forms of entrepreneurship. It works with other non-profit vocational training organizations, social entities, public institutions and business associations. The privileged recipients of CIOFS-FP activities are adolescents and young people, especially young women, with special attention to those who find themselves in conditions of difficulty or social hardship.
The mission of CIOFS-FP is to take care of young people by offering them guidance, training and opportunities for employment. Our target groups are individuals who have a special propensity for applying the principles of operativeness and experimentation.
We put at their service tools such as training projects, guidance activities and the possibility of working in a network referring to human and Christian values. Our goal is the development of a professional and cultural project that accompanies young people from their education to the workplace.
Our vision encompasses four key points:
- To support a systematic dialogue with institutions, both at national and regional level, for the promotion of Vocational Education and Training;
- To highlight a fundamental interaction between Regional Associations and National Headquarters;
- To foster dialogue with the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, in order to respond to new needs in the light of their charism;
- To face the inalienable challenge of active and continuous collaboration between the religious and the laity in order to achieve these objectives.
The General Assembly is the governing body of the Association.
Regularly convened and constituted, it represents all members and its resolutions, taken in accordance with the Laws, the Articles of Association and the Regulations, are binding on members even if absent or dissenting.
Participants in the General Assembly with voting rights:
- the founding members and the President of CIOFS, with no possibility of a proxy
- members in office or outgoing members of the National Board of Directors, with no possibility of proxy
- the representative of each of the members or a person delegated by them, if in compliance with the payment of the membership fees
- ad personam members with no possibility of proxy. No one may represent more than two votes over their own
- at the invitation of the National President, the President of the National College of Auditors and of the bodies and organisations promoted by the Board of Directors may participate in the General Assembly, with no right to vote.
The Board of Directors is the executive body of the General Assembly for the ordinary and extraordinary administration of the Association. It is composed of: – The President of the Association – The members elected by the General Assembly – The Presidents of CIOFS-FP Regional Associations and the National Delegate of CIOFS